As any homeowner knows, foundation problems can be a serious issue. If you live in Wichita, KS, you may be wondering how to go about getting your foundation repaired. This blog post will provide a detailed user guide to foundation repair wichita ks, so that you can get your home back in tip-top shape as quickly as possible.
Foundation Repair in Wichita KS
If your foundation is in need of repair, you’ll want to get it fixed as soon as possible. But where do you start? This user guide will walk you through the process of repairing your foundation, step by step.
Step 1: Contact a Foundation Repair Specialist
The first step in getting your foundation repaired is to contact a foundation repair specialist. There are many companies that offer foundation repair services in Wichita, so be sure to do your research and find a reputable company that has experience with the type of foundation damage you are dealing with. Once you have found a few potential companies, give them a call and schedule a free consultation.
Step 2: Get an Estimate
During your consultation, the foundation repair specialist will assess the damage to your foundation and provide you with an estimate for the repairs. Be sure to ask questions and get clarification on anything you don’t understand before agreeing to move forward with the repairs.
Step 3: Schedule the Repairs
Once you have decided to move forward with the repairs, it’s time to schedule them. Be sure to work with the repair company to find a date and time that is convenient for you and that will allow them enough time to properly fix the damage to your foundation and tak their best foundation repair services.
Step 4: Enjoy Your Repaired Foundation
After the repairs have been completed, take a step back and enjoy your newly repaired foundation. With any luck, it will be many years before you have to deal with foundation issues again. But if you do, now you know exactly what to do.
The first thing you need to know is that there are two main types of foundations – slab and crawl space. Slab foundations are typically found in newer homes. They’re made by pouring concrete into a mold on site. Crawl space foundations are more common in older homes. They’re made by stacking cinder blocks or bricks on top of each other.
Common Foundation Problems
There are several different types of foundation problems that can occur, but some are more common than others. Some of the most common problems include:
- Sinking or settling – This often happens due to poor drainage or soil conditions. It can also be caused by tree roots growing underneath the foundation.
- Cracks – Cracks can be caused by a variety of things, including settlement, temperature changes, and poor construction. They can also be an indication of a more serious problem, like a sinkhole or unstable soil.
- Bowing or leaning – This is usually caused by excessive weight on one side of the foundation, such as from a heavy addition or large tree.
Once you’ve identified the problem, you’ll need to decide how to fix it. There are several different options available, and the best option for you will depend on the severity of the problem and your budget. Some common repair options include:
- Mudjacking – This involves pumping a mixture of concrete and soil underneath the foundation to raise it back into place. It’s less expensive than other options but may not be as effective for severe problems.
- Piling – This involves driving long steel or concrete piles into the ground next to the foundation and attaching them to the foundation with brackets. The piles bear the weight of the house so that the foundation doesn’t have to.
- Excavation and shoring – This is usually only necessary for very severe problems. It involves excavating around the perimeter of the house and installing support beams (called shoring) to prop up the house while repairs are made to the foundation itself.
Once the repairs are finished, the shoring is removed and the excavation is filled back in.
Foundation problems can be a serious issue for any homeowner. If you live in Wichita, KS and are dealing with foundation damage, use this guide to get your home back in tip-top shape as quickly as possible. Remember, the first step is always to contact a reputable foundation repair specialist in your area. From there, they will provide you with an estimate and help you schedule the repairs at a convenient time. Once the repairs are complete, enjoy your newly repaired foundation!